Finance Analyst job in London Date posted: 23/11/2018 CV Library London London
|Category:|| Banking and Finance
|Map:||(Show on map)|
| Becoming a Finance Analyst (12 month fixed term contract) with Capita Plc:
The Finance Analyst role will report directly into the Group Finance Business Planning team which has been established to deliver the 5 Year financial plan, including budget.
The purpose of this role is to provide dedicated data analysis and reporting support on the Balance Sheet and Cash Flow to Group Finance. This will take the form of data extraction from core systems, analysis in excel and the creation of reports needed to enable management to take key decisions and manage financing and its working capital, over the plan period.
There is a need for the role to work with business divisions to assist in obtaining insight into data submissions and to ensure that data is provided on time and is accurate.
What you will do:
This is a demanding, analytical role which will provide the Group and CFO's office (via the Project team) with management insights for decision making. Working with Group Finance, external consultants and the business, the position will execute the following responsibilities:
* Design, prepare and review targeted and insightful MI on a monthly basis.
* Transform analytical outputs into clear financial/business models to support business decision making.
* Identify and investigate root cause for variances, and transform this analysis in to digestible commentary to allow well-founded, strategic decisions to be made.
* Produce quality financial and commercial reports in support of individual investment decisions, including a rapid response to ad hoc reporting to facilitate business decision making.
* Generate budgets, forecasts and plans on the basis of both historical and prospective information.
* Ensure clarity and consistency regarding any assumptions that are made in relation to historical forecasts.
* Assess options and recommendations to optimise business performance and provide robust, financial assessments of business opportunities.
* Consolidation of the group cash flow forecast and plan from source data working alongside the Management Accounting team
* Production of the forward view Cash report and analysis of the in-year forecast
* Challenge and analysis of divisional submissions to ensure completeness and accuracy
* Create insights and explanations and illustrate effectively to inform decision makers
* Deliver cashflow statement reporting per the new reporting suite
* Expand reporting suite to encompass the 18-month+ forecast and plan
* Construct detailed models to analyse alternative projections with explanations
Your experience will include:
* Prior experience in a Management Reporting or a consolidation group role
* Recently qualified and up to around 2 years post qualified
* Strong levels of Cashflow management and Balance Sheet understanding
* Is highly capable of producing insightful reports and delivering detailed explanation
* Knowledge of current regulations including IFRS, UK GAAP
* Effectively communicate financial performance and impact to operational colleagues
* Challenge colleagues and obtain clear insights and deep knowledge
* Very high standard of verbal and written communication
* High attention to detail; High levels of critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Comfortable with autonomous working
* Experience working with internal and external third parties to answer queries and provide detailed backing schedules
* Experience of SAP and / or Axiom would be beneficial
* Strong Excel skills are essential
About Capita Group Finance
Capita's Group finance function works with individual Capita business units (and their own control teams)
Capita Plc is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customer's needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check
|Email a friend Print||Show me jobs like this one|