Infrastructure Solution Architect (Network Rail) job in Milton Keynes Date posted: 01/12/2018 CV Library Buckinghamshire Milton Keynes
|Map:||(Show on map)|
| Infrastructure Solution Architect
Job type: full-time contracting, 12 months
Location: Milton Keynes
Start date: ASAP
Salary: (Apply online only)/day
A well-known telco company is looking for an Infrastructure Solution Architect on a full-time contract basis to join their team in Milton Keynes.
Purpose of the role:
To ensure that the appropriate use of technologies are recommended and deployed into the production environment. To provide consultancy into new projects to ensure that the concurrency is maintained and that all integration issues are considered and addressed, to ensure ongoing availability of all infrastructure architecture components.
* Identify and plan upgrades that impact on any area of the systems infrastructure.
* Ratify the maintenance and upgrade to the environment and ensure currency of software, hardware and standards.
* Provide technical architecture and infrastructure consultancy to NRT projects as required.
* Review and quality check System Integrator proposals for their technical content in relation to IT infrastructure / architecture projects.
* Ensure mirroring and alignment between the System Integrator's non-production and Network Rail's production environment.
* Identify opportunities for the implementation of technical improvements that add value to the business through achievement of 'better, faster, cheaper' infrastructure.
* Work in conjunction with approved suppliers to understand product road mapping and impact of end of life products to ensure seamless integration into the environment.
* Experience in successful implementation of IT Infrastructure, web and application publishing, proxy, middleware and integration solutions (Websphere Message Broker), load balancing, database (Oracle, DB2, SQL), Operating Systems (UNIX, Windows, Linux
* Experience in architecting/designing high availability IT for Internet, mobile and communication service providers.
* Experience of Telco IT Operations, Architecture, Design and Delivery
* Educated to degree standard or equivalent in a technical subject.
* Excellent technical skills in IT architecture, strategy & design for nationally distributed enterprise, fixed, internet, mobile communications technology.
* Knowledge of network design and operation supporting Rail or Critical National Infrastructure (CNI).
* Formal Infrastructure, Operating System, Data base, virtualisation and IT networking certifications.
* TOGAF, ITIL or eTOM certifications
|Email a friend Print||Show me jobs like this one|