IT Infrastructure Project Manager job in Chatham Date posted: 31/12/2018 CV Library 2 Kent Chatham
|Employer:||CV Library 2|
|Map:||(Show on map)|
| IT Infrastructure Project Manager – Up to 56,000 + Bonus & Excellent bens (see below) – Chatham, Kent – Feb/March Start
I have an exciting opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Project Manager to manage the delivery of a new replacement hosted Infrastructure environment which will be for my client's entire group.
This role will be delivering technical end to end projects which will cover networks, servers, virtualisation, IT security, databases, applications and web infrastructure.
You will be ensuring that the project is correctly specified, delivered on time, meet's business & technical requirements and is within the agreed budget. The projects will mainly be internally resourced with some third parties to be managed as part of the overall production line.
* Overseeing multiple projects and managing work streams as required.
* Providing consultancy advice on system selection, sizing, location and operations; managing delivery and equipment logistics; change management; all to schedule, budget and contract compliance.
* End to end project management for full project lifecycle; pre-initiation, initiation, research & development, plan & design, testing & implementation, delivery and review. Ensuring compliance is achieved through each stage gate of the project delivery framework.
* To understand high-level technical architecture and be able to facilitate debate and drive decisions on appropriate solutions.
* To contribute infrastructure projects to the overall portfolio and delivery planning for Online Technology.
* To ensure that operational workflow requirements are produced to standard in a timely manner.
* To be responsible for the project administration and the production of project documentation, e.g. project plans.
* To monitor and manage the project processes and ensure that any elements which fail in the workflow are remedied.
* To track progress against milestones, deadlines and budget. To Report on these items to key stakeholders and to provide dependency information into OSB delivery team for their business projects.
* To use best practice risk management, assessing risks in an informed and considered manner and to plan for the mitigation of these risks.
* Provide support and assistance in the promotion and adoption of Programme & Project Management best practices within OSB.
Skills Required – Essential
* Strong technical experience with the following;
* Delivery of IT infrastructure projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment
* Supporting multiple projects such as LAN/WAN network technologies e.g. Cisco, MPLS, LES circuits, Exchange, Skype for Business etc & intranet technologies, AV Protection, SCOM, SCCM and OP Manager, Windows server and desktop platforms, Database systems, VMware, HP SANs and Support, IT Security (Websense, F5, Dell SecureWorks etc.) and Web Infrastructure
* Prince2 Practitioner or PMI
* Full project lifecycle experience with a track record of managing multiple initiatives
* Strong stakeholder management experience
* Implementing 3rd party solutions and working with 3rd party suppliers
* Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Visio
Hours – Mon to Fri – 9am to 5pm (some out of hours will be required)
Benefits – Discretionary bonus (up to 15%), 25 days holiday, holiday purchase scheme, pension – 5% employee, 8% employer contribution, moving house & getting married day, quarterly employee recognition programme, long service awards, private medical insurance, private health insurance, death in service, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Tax-free childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, eye tests & glasses contribution, flu jabs and PerkBox discounts plus loads more
|Email a friend Print||Show me jobs like this one|