Project Manager – Engineering Capital Projects job in Derby Date posted: 01/12/2018 Independent Jobs Derbyshire Derby
|Map:||(Show on map)|
| Our client provide EPCM – engineering design (Civils, Building, Electrical & Process), project management, packaging technical consulting and safety compliance services to manufacturing companies across the Food, Drink, Brewing, Logistics, Life Sciences, Industrial Manufacturing, Renewable Energy & Waste sectors. Projects involve leading and coordinating design teams from Front End Feasibility / Consultancy studies through to Project Implementation. The capital range of these projects can be anything from a few thousand to more than 30mill.
About The Role
* Coming into this role with project experience the Project Manager will be expected to be able to take a brief from the client and control the scope of the delivery.
* Manage and coordinate the design disciplines in house with the associated cost control and reporting within the capital projects.
* A key role is ensuring that the appropriate level of project governance is applied for the risks that the projects may incur.
What Will You Do?
* Lead the design and feasibility studies to meet client's capex plans
* Ensure each projects are implemented and delivered from initial conception through to final handover
* Coordinate the design management and the procurement strategy for the project.
* Manage project profitability, control of capital expenditure
* Deliver on agreed project objectives within budget and to a set deadline
* Manage the issuing of final documentation and reporting
* Contribute to and work to company QA system as well as client systems & procedures
* Ensure compliance with legislation including CDM, Machinery Directive & PUWER
* Assist in the development of the project team, including the mentoring of design engineers
What Will You Have?
* Ideally Degree educated in an Engineering discipline
* Flexible to travel, and internationally as and when required, with longer stays according to the project phase
* Demonstrate the ability to understand complex technical problems and develop innovative solutions
* You have an awareness of business strategy and commercial acumen to know what's going on within the business
There is a generous salary on offer for this role with a negotiable package for the right candidate. To find out more, apply and one of our consultants will give you a call to discuss in more detail!
* Due to client restrictions and the nature of work involved Proactive Technical Recruitment will not be able to process applicants from outside of the EU. All applicants should have a valid EU/UK passport or right to work visa in the UK/ EU. Due to the high volume of applications, all applicants who do not fit this criteria will have their applicants disregarded and no feedback will be given.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
|Email a friend Print||Show me jobs like this one|