Senior Project Manager (Finance, Software, Projects) job in Cheltenham Date posted: 20/12/2018 CV Library 2 Gloucestershire Cheltenham
|Employer:||CV Library 2|
|Map:||(Show on map)|
| Senior Project Manager (Finance, Software, Projects) – Cheltenham
The UK's leading provider of IT Solutions and Services are looking for a talented Senior Project Manager (Finance, Software, Projects) to join a rapidly expanding projects team based in Cheltenham.
The Senior Project Manager (Finance, Software, Projects) will manage high profile delivery projects and will be the key customer-facing manager for the business.
The primary function of this role is to work as the manager of high profile, large or complex projects for the customer base. This entails ensuring effective management of the client – participating/leading all meetings with clients, dealing with the diffusion of issues and maintaining a good relationship at all times. It also requires the management and oversight of all deliverables to time, to budget, quality and with the resulting achievement of benefit to the business /client.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Project Manager (Finance, Software, Projects)
* Building strong relationships with the client to enable effective stakeholder management and management of the client or their third throughout the delivery of the programme
* Senior representation from the client relationship perspective
* Strong governance of the project, with supporting documentation and effectively managing and running steering boards and project meetings at a senior level internally and externally
* Contribution to contractual conversations and activity
* Planning and control of the project, using the appropriate planning tools and templates to show activities, phases, milestones and dependencies etc.
* Strong communication with the project team and across projects within the organisation to ensure interdependencies are identified and managed, the team are motivated and achieve their objectives
* Budgetary management and reporting
* Risk and issue management, with appropriate action planning to mitigate risks and resolve issues
* Adherence to processes, feedback to improve processes
* Adherence to regulatory and data protection requirements, including full consideration of TCF requirements and implications throughout the delivery
* Quality controls are in place to minimise rework and delivery to the requirements
* Full consideration of all onboarding aspects of the delivery, including hand over to production services with the appropriate processes in place, training delivered, agreement on defects / workarounds remaining and actions required post implementation, impact to DR solution, Escrow requirements, full auditability
* Proper project closure to ensure effective BAU operation of the change, audit evidence and PIR improvements fed back into the department.
* Organisation and management as required with 3rd parties
Skills for the Senior Project Manager (Finance, Software, Projects)
* Financial Services experience; mortgages experience highly desirable
* Strong client management skills
* Confident and assertive communicator
* Proven track record in managing teams and overseeing deliveries
* Track record of delivering projects
* Accreditation in appropriate methodologies (e.g. PRINCE or Agile)
* Extensive experience in governance standards, processes and methodologies
* Extensive and varied software delivery
|Email a friend Print||Show me jobs like this one|