Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, Infrastructure,Prince job in Winchester Date posted: 21/11/2018 CV Library Hampshire Winchester
|Map:||(Show on map)|
| Senior Project Manager, Infrastructure Project Manager, Prince 2
Our client a leading IT solutions provider are seeking to recruit a Senior Project Manager to manage and successfully deliver large and often complex IT solutions to fulfil organisational business requirements, in line with corporate and departmental IT strategy. This role is based in the IT Department, working with corporate and departmental solutions covering IT infrastructure, deployments of new software and application enhancements to different departments, both locally and cloud based.
Working in a fast paced IT delivery organisation your main responsibilities will be to:
• Manage and successfully deliver projects, ensuring in line with agreed standards, providing fit for purpose solutions within time, quality and budget constraints
• Successfully manage project stakeholders and communications developing strong relations with the key stakeholders and project board members
• Demonstrate strong control of the project delivery, agreeing and managing projects tolerances, utilising project standards and tools to ensure clear governance and plans
• Manage projects for a variety of customers and partners and often a range of projects concurrently
• Manage any project risks, providing appropriate controls and escalation and contain issues to avoid escalation from key stakeholders.
• Work with programme and portfolio managers, other project managers, technical leads and customers to ensure dependencies on other projects are identified and managed
• Provide quality assurance and monitor performance of projects, providing reports to senior management/members as required
• PRINCE2 Practitioner (or equivalent)
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
• Confidence – able to command authority naturally;
• The ability to ask good questions and listen to stakeholders – to care about excellent communication and build valuable relationships;
• Good negotiation skills with the ability to resolve conflicts by finding the win-win scenarios for everyone;
• Be cool under pressure and carry on getting things done;
• Ability to quickly understand the environment we're working in and become a part of the culture.
• A determination to achieve the best results;
• Have a positive outlook and look forward to going to work
• You will be working in a pool of permanent & contract PM's who are assigned to projects as demand arises, priorities are assigned and availability of fellow PM's assessed. Hence no information on specific projects.
• Working in our Winchester offices which are 10 minutes walk from the train station.
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas
|Email a friend Print||Show me jobs like this one|