Technical Services Manager/ project manager- £65k job in London Date posted: 18/11/2018 Independent Jobs London London
|Map:||(Show on map)|
| THE COMPANY –
– London based construction company
– Turn over about 27m
– Specialise in Office fit out, High End Residential and High End Education
– 90% of their work is within Zone 1-6
– Cash rich business
– 40 guys in total on the books, 4 on the M&E side. Also use a lot of sub contractors.
– Projects will range from 100k to 10M. The M&E value tends to be around 50% of this.
– They are currently tendering for 2X 15m projects to start as of next year.
– Most projects are large commercial office fitouts but they have undertaken high end residential, education and data centres but from an M&E perspective this doesn't change too drastically.
SALARY & PACKAGE
– 55k – 65k salary
– Zones 1-6 travel card
– Season card loan
– 25days holidays + BH
– Ample progression
– will work alongside the head technical service manager for the first 6 months to become familiar with the projects.
Looking to bring in a Technical Services Manager/ senior project manager to start ASAP.
They split the business into 2 different sectors:
– Traditional – site based, head up the design and development and take the project form tender to completion.
– Self-delivering – They bring the tender in house, sort the materials, labour, design & coordination, costings. This is to bring down their margin. This is for more of their small to medium sized properties.
This a very varied role. There would be coordination, planning, estimation, tendering, project management and document control all involved.
Each manager has a couple of projects to oversee at one time.
Key things would be;
– Good at presenting and meeting both clients and subcontractors
– IT (email, word, excel etc.)
– Happy to work in both site and office( predominately site based)
– Understanding of installation and drawings
– Understand how to price projects as some estimating and variation costing will be required
– Experience in tendering for projects
– Document control capabilities as would need to track progress and design development
Within the next 1-2 years the intention would be that the person would become Lead TSM and essentially pickup the running of the M&E department.
The candidate must be client facing, be presentable, articulate, able to writes emails professionally
|Email a friend Print||Show me jobs like this one|